Monday, March 19, 2012

14 Months Old Today!

Today Brayden turns 14 months old, and it is the BEST feeling in the world to know that he won't have one other birthday, anniversary, holiday, etc. without a family! :)  He has been "home" now 10 days and I have to say things are going well. The overwhelmed feelings that we had the first 48-72 hours are gone, and I feel like we are all getting into a  routine, (or trying too!) The unbelievable spring weather has helped too, I'm sure! Yahoo, fresh air, playing outside, going the park! So much more fun than sitting in the house all day!! :)

We had a great weekend and I have to say, our boy LOVES being out! We went to dinner TWICE this weekend with family on Friday and friends on Saturday, and he did great! He loved being out to dinner! He sat in his highchair at the table with us through our whole dinner, just looking around and smiling. He was so happy feeding himself pieces of bread, and mom's potato, and even tried a few small bites of grilled chicken! Of course this was all in addition to his own Gerber meal and applesauce! :)

He is liking his car seat now too, and really enjoys being in the car, well as long as we're moving! He whines a bit when we are at a red light, but once we start going he just looks out the window and  talks to things out the window and to us! He also will wave to us up front through his little mirror (since he's still rear-facing in my CR-V) Just yesterday, he started doing Peek-A-Boo with me too! So cute!!!  Then usually anywhere from 10-20  minutes in the car, he passes out! He LOVES to sleep/nap in his car seat! Yesterday he fell asleep on the short ride home from Whole Foods! Since it was close to nap time, and such a beautiful day out, I opened the windows and decided to drive around for 90 minutes and let him sleep!! We got gas, I got an iced coffee at Dunkin Donuts drive thru, we took the drive two towns over to my parents house so they could stare at him sleeping in his car seat! Ha.

So his other big adventure this weekend was our visit to Snip-Its on Saturday morning! Yes, daddy won, and we took Brayden for his first haircut. Mommy was torn with this you see. Yes, his hair WAS getting a little crazy, Yes, people tended to ask me if he was a boy or a girl, or just refer to him as "She",  but I love, love his curls! Anyway, we did compromise and I agreed he needed a trim. Well, he got more than a trim, he got a full on haircut! I have to say that the woman, god love her, did a really good job. Especially since he was far from still in his chair! Overall, Brayden did fantastic! To be honest, Randy and I were surprised at how well he did!!! The bubbles they had there that mommy kept blowing at him helped to distract him a lot! Not to mention, all the other little kids that were there too. He was fascinated looking around at everyone, only near the end did he start to fuss a bit because it was taking too long and he was done!! No tears from him at all! The only tears were from me!! His curls are gone! : (  I know they will grow back, but it was sad to see them go! Although, I have to say he is adorable with his short "boy's" haircut!  He looks like a little man and I think he loves it! He looks at himself in the mirror and smiles and talks to himself!!  Ha!

Well, I better wrap up, the little man should be up any moment and ready to start his day! Oh and here is a picture of the "new" Brayden!  :)


BEFORE PIC - "I'm not sure about this place...." 



AFTER PIC - "I'm a new man, and ready for lunch!!!"






No comments:

Post a Comment